Friday, January 31, 2014

I don't have to be dramatic ALL the time!

The purpose of this blog isn't to get all of my feelings out all the time.  I don't want it to be dramatic all the time (hence my post about red velvet cake.  LOL).  I also want to use this blog as a place to share information, wisdom, recipes and whatever else comes to my demented mind.

So today is gonna be about food.  Because I love food.  I'm not a foodie, but I do love trying new recipes and concocting masterpieces in my kitchen.  It's no secret, I love, love, LOVE Taste of Home.  If you're not familiar, it is a magazine/website for food and recipes.  The best part?  All of the recipes are reader submitted.  I have found TONS of amazing recipes on the site.  I pay for an electronic subscription (about $12/year) and download it on my iPad, but it also gives you unlimited access to their website to all of the recipes.  Most of them are free, but some of them are subscriber only recipes. So here are some of my favorites, no particular order (with my modifications noted):

Baked Barbecue Beef (sloppy joes)

Pumpkin Pie Dip (goes great with Nilla wafers too)

Refrigerator Dill Pickles

Apple Kielbasa Kabobs

Antipasto Kabobs

Baked Chimichangas (I don't always put the sauce on these.  They are pretty good without it.)

Beef Broccoli Stir Fry

Beef Stuffed Zucchini (I typically do not make these in the microwave.  I bake them at about 375 for a half hour.  I have also done them on the grill and they turned out great!)

Chicken with Florentine sauce

Chili Cheese Dog Casserole (I had to use a little more cornbread than the recipe asked for.  I have made this with turkey hot dogs and beef dogs before.  Both turned out great)

Chocolate Caramel Candy (tastes like Snickers)

Chocolate Chip Dip (also goes great with Nilla wafers.  Typically I can't find graham cracker sticks so I used Honey Maid Scooby Snacks, Honey)

Golden Chicken Nuggets

Honey Garlic Meatballs

Peanut Butter Brownie Bars

Rustic Nut Bars (I usually end up buying a few cans of the Planters Nut-rition with the pistachios in it)

Salisbury Steak with Gravy (I will double the recipe and put them in a 13x9 baking pan.  They take a little longer to cook and I will flip them after about a hour.  I usually add fresh mushrooms and will cut up an onion into wedges.  I put this over the meat and then cover with the gravy mixture.)

Traditional Lasagna 

Zucchini Pizza Casserole (I love this recipe. You can add anything you want to it.  I usually top with pepperoni and mushrooms too)

Please let me know if you try these and what you think!  I'd like to post stuff like this every once in a while and would love your suggestions too!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment